Tuesday, February 15, 2011

1 week on...

and L.O.V.I.N.G IT!!!!!!!!! The carpet is just so lovely and soft underfoot, the colours are really calming and soothing and the high ceilings just make it feel so airy and light. We still have to finish the study and ensuite and a few things in the kitchen like overhead cupboards/shelves etc and also have to mount the dryer in the laundry. Its hard being here and not being able to decorate just yet...so have to sit tight for a while and save some $$'s and then get into it all. Its so nice being back in our own space, and i'm sure my inlaws are glad to have their own space back.Will upload some photos in the coming days, im back to using my elderley laptop, so takes awhile to do anything.

Hope your all well.

Liz x

4 comments:

  1. That sounds wonderful! I can't wait for the pictures of how it will turn out! Enjoy the beautiful day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be so hard to sit tight and not do any decorating. Hang in there!
    Re my urn silhouettes...using a lamp I cast a shadow of the urn onto the canvas and traced around it, then painted using a very fine brush to do the outline. Takes a bit of time but that's what I find so calming about it.
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks Angex, i'll have to give it a go. I can understand it being relaxing, especially with 3 busy children to keep you on your toes..i've only go 2 so far..contemplating a 3rd. How do you find 3 vs 2?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally am really glad we had a third although we had sold ALL our baby stuff after 2 then changed our minds. I'll be honest and say that it is more demanding and I used to think how easy my friends with only 2 kids had it! But now they're that much older, it's fantastic and I wouldn't change a thing.
    We gave ourselves a time limit. (ie baby had to be born before my 36th birthday) and we just scraped in!
    Angex

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment, it makes my day!